muffin-land

My name is Tali and I started this blog while Googling for Barbies. I saw mummified Barbies and my Mom said that I could make an avatar if I made a blog, so I started one. I am eight years old. I will be nine in December. P.S. You will like the mummified Barbies.

Sunday, October 08, 2006

APPLE PICKING

Today we went apple picking. This was the first time my grandma came with us. She has never even gone apple picking, but she loves the country. When she was a little girl, she lived on a sort of farm with apple trees.

It was a whole hullabaloo just getting out of the house, never mind getting to the orcahrds. As you know or might know, October is a very good month to go apple picking and the orchard was a zoo. It was so crowded that there were hardly any apple picking poles left and you had to look for people that were done with theirs and pay them a dollar.

I didn't get to pick an apple last year because the poles were too heavy and I couldn't pick them up. This year, I picked three apples in one shot even though it's still a little heavy. But some apples were so low on the trees that even my brother could reach them. As soon as we had about half a bag full of apples, we sat down and had a little picnic. My grandma never fails to bring food and Mommy brought bagels from breakfast.

I love to go apple picking! After we were done, we went across the road to the pumpkin patch, but I didn't get pumpkins from the patch. We went looking around until we saw some very nice little ones and I got two. One was normal but it kind of had little green spots on it and the second one was a gourdie type of pumpkin and it had a yellow handle and it looked like a watermelon from the bottom.

When we were about to go home, we got some apple cider (but my brother and I didn't have any) and we got some ice cream sandwiches. After that, we got in the car and when we were on the road we saw beautiful trees. After what seemed like 45 minutes, we saw lots of people on motorcycles, there were about thirty of them. Daddy or as you know him, Parental Unit 2, said that they were a club from Long Island. I wish I could get a ride on my uncle's motorcycle.

I'm sorry. We are having technical difficulties. I wanted to add another picture.

19 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

truly you are your mother's daughter! your description of your day is wonderful, sweet Talimuffin... and i'm so happy to know you were able to pick a few apples this year with that pole--it's fun to pluck 'em straight off the tree, but the ones that are high always seem to be the best, right?

i'm also guessing your grandmother enjoyed her time with you all. and a picnic to boot? sounds like a perfect day to me!

so... think any of those apples will find their way inside a few muffins? (Tali or otherwise) xoxo

5:17 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you really eight? You're very talented, like your Mom.

I enjoyed reading your take on the day.

Know mummified Barbies well, really, and can't wait for them

9:54 PM EDT  
Blogger FelineFrisky said...

My goodness! What a wonderful time you had with everyone! Sounds like a fun filled day.

You are a very talented young lady, you write quite well. Keep up the practice. Blogger has been difficult for me lately, too. It will work itself out soon. Thank you for the wonderful post, Tali! D :}

7:42 AM EDT  
Blogger Mo'a said...

Sounds like a wonderful time. I have not picked apples for a long time, you have inspired me to go to our local orchard and have fun and a picnic.
Lovely story and very well written :)

11:25 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

auntie nbff: I don't know about muffins but we're going to make a really good apple pie. My grandma did have a good time and she was the apple chooser. She told me which ones were good or not (but I put them all in).

pia: Yes I am really eight and my mom says she's not writing anything that interesting, but I think she is. Thank you for the compliment.

ff: I don't know about writing quite well. I don't really like to write. I'm not a fast typist so the story comes out of my mouth and "G" types it.

mo'a: Of course apple picking is a wonderful time. You have a local orchard? You're lucky!

8:39 PM EDT  
Blogger Hobbes said...

I think you are a good writer, too. You put in a lot of good details, like how heavy the apples were, and your brother reaching for them, and the description of the pumpkins.
Did you know you can teach yourself to touch-type on the Internet for free? It takes a lot of perserverance, and maybe you don't want to be wasting your young life with stuff like that, but Mall Diva learned when she was 10 from a program called Learn2Type (I think).

11:16 PM EDT  
Blogger Doug The Una said...

I remember an orchard in Illinois we used to go to. Did you get apple butter?

I agree with Pia. I think you're 30. Maybe just short.

12:47 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Weirsdo: I'm learning to type on Type To Learn 3 but I'm still not a good typist.

Doug: No we didn't get apple butter. Funny - you're right I'm 30 (JK).

5:53 PM EDT  
Blogger Swampwitch said...

Parental Unit #2? How funny is that. I enjoyed reading your post as it brought back memories of picking apples with my daughter last year. What a nice memory for you to have had your grandmother with you. And, we all have technical difficulties posting pictures. You have done a marvelous job with your blog.

12:18 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Tali! I have not been around either but was so glad to read about your fun apple picking and decorating! Also, Happy Holidays. Your descriptions are awesome! Very easy to picture it all even if your techy difficulties couldn't put in a picture. Love ya lots and hope to see you soon.

12:01 PM EDT  
Blogger Doug The Una said...

So, how's that whole next post thing coming along, child?

6:30 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Doug: I don't really have anything to write about, but I have lots and lots and lots of homework!

You just gave me an idea! Thank you.

9:27 PM EDT  
Blogger Doug The Una said...

Hey, kid! On the 30th postless day you get a cyber-wedgie.

4:35 PM EST  
Blogger Doug The Una said...

CYBER-WEDGIEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

4:46 PM EST  
Blogger G said...

Somehow I don't think she'll want to experience that again Doug, I feel a post coming this - weekend I'll bet.

9:26 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I actually tried to post on Tuesday and I was going to press the minimize button to get something outside of AOL, but instead I pressed the X button (by mistake). I had a whole story, but it all erased. I'm still thinking of a topic. I don't know what to write about. Plus I'm still angry from losing the post.

9:32 PM EST  
Blogger Doug The Una said...

Tali, I understand and that's happened to all of us probably. I usually end up mouthing the words "Oh no! NOOOOO!!!" What did you do?

I would have loved to have read that story so please try to remember it. I voted, by the way, T-Muffin.

9:28 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry about the technical difficulties. I did enjoy your story though...even without the extra picture you couldn't post...you are a GOOD writer!

12:31 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Doug: I started...well never mind. I'd rather not talk about it.

Cindra: thanks for the comment. This story's so old that I thought nobody would comment on it anymore!

5:41 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home