muffin-land

My name is Tali and I started this blog while Googling for Barbies. I saw mummified Barbies and my Mom said that I could make an avatar if I made a blog, so I started one. I am eight years old. I will be nine in December. P.S. You will like the mummified Barbies.

Friday, October 06, 2006


DECORATING THE SUKKAH

Sorry I haven't been around. I know you are getting restless, but here is a story I think you will enjoy (I hope).

One day I was getting very very restless - just like you at my blog. I wanted to decorate the sukkah!!!!!!!!!! If you are a Jewish blogger or know about Judaism, you know how much fun it is to decorate. I mean reeeeeeeeally fun! It already took 15 minutes to get the decorations together, never mind the decorating itself. The decorations were in the very messy garage (which Mommy complains about all the time). It took another ten minutes to look for an apple decoration that wasn't even there. That was a very good waste of time.

We finally got everything together and went into the backyard all dressed up in sweatshirts. Julian and I started dancing around the backyard. I was sort of the designer. I told Daddy (parental unit 2) where everything goes and why. If he didn't agree, I called Mommy (parental unit 1) so she could agree with me (I take after her in the decorating department). After everything was set to go inside, I started handing everything I wanted to parental unit 2 at once. Of course, child unit 2 (Julian) scattered everything on the floor, but we managed. Finally the
sukkah was up and decorated (2 hours later).

"Oh well, at least there's still decorations for tomorrow!" I said.

6 Comments:

Blogger G said...

I only complain about the garage when I go in there, and maybe sometimes in the shower, or when I'm driving to work between good songs. That's not really all the time.

9:45 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post, Talimuffin! i hope your Parental Unit 2 remembers to take pictures (adequate or otherwise) so we can all enjoy the fruits of your labor. Why am i not surprised to know you take after your Mom in the "tell Parental Unit 1 where everything goes" department?

hope you all enjoy this festive time! (i also hope it's warm enough for you to actually spend time in that nicely constructed/decorated sukkuh!) xoxo

9:45 AM EDT  
Blogger Kyahgirl said...

Talimuffin, I take my hat off to you! Sounds like you have all the 'units' well in hand.
Have a lovely celebration.

11:01 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

G-that is all the time, I mean the only time left is at work or with us.

Cindra jo-i'll try to keep posting.I have a busy schedule.

auntie mnbff(i know this isn't your reeeal blogger name)-we diiiiidn't get achance to eat in the sukkah last night but it looks like a good futre in it today.

kyahgirl-i'm sort of having a great exellent celebration if you know what i mean. talimuffin.

2:42 PM EDT  
Blogger Doug The Una said...

Sounds like you have management down cold and a pretty good idea about fun.

11:48 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Doug: I don't know management but I'm a pretty good choreographer.

8:30 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home