muffin-land

My name is Tali and I started this blog while Googling for Barbies. I saw mummified Barbies and my Mom said that I could make an avatar if I made a blog, so I started one. I am eight years old. I will be nine in December. P.S. You will like the mummified Barbies.

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Click on pictures to see them larger.

One day it occurred to me that I wanted to take pictures like a photographer. I took a picture of Brownie, my favorite teddybear and Nicky my other favorite teddybear even though most of them are my favorite. Then I said, "Julian, are you thinking what I'm thinking?" and took out all the teddybears and stuffed animals I could find around the house.

These are just some of them. There are like twenty more. So, my brother, Julian decided that he wanted to climb fake steps. It was around 7:45 pm. I was setting up my teddy bears on chairs and he said "Get off my steps". I said "Julian, I'm using these for teddybear stands" He said "No". I called Mommy. Parental Unit One came. I explained to her "I'm using these chairs for teddybear stands but Julian wants to climb them as fake steps. Could you please take him away for now?" She tried to take him away but no good came of it, he was still determined to climb his steps. I started setting them up as quickly as I could. "JULIAN get away from them, I'm trying to set them up!" I shouted. "NO! Get off my steps!" he cried. Parental Unit One comes again. "Quickly take this picture please" I said. She got the camera and as soon as I knew it all the teddy bears were scattered on the floor - chairs and all. "Oh well" I said "at least I still have other pictures".

The next picture is the result of Julian "tearing down the steps". I guess he didn't want them so much.

12 Comments:

Blogger Swampwitch said...

Again, I am so impressed with not only your writing ability, but now your photographic ability. Not to mention, you have your own blog. How many "kids" your age can say that? Keep it up. Your doing great.

2:23 AM EDT  
Blogger DaBich said...

I agree with swampwitch. Great job you're doing here. (P.S. I think Julian should have been sent to the closet until you got your picture snapped LOL)

1:13 PM EDT  
Blogger Doug The Una said...

First of all, Tali, you're a beauty. And at least we can see that you have a lot of stuffed animals if not where the bears stop and the elephants start. Chaos is the natural order for beasts of the wild.

7:14 PM EDT  
Blogger Miz BoheMia said...

I love the pictures sweet Tali-Muffin! I once studied photography, thinking that I wanted to be a photographer... I still love taking pictures, it is a passion of mine (one I have not had time for in years unfortunately) but I decided not to become a photographer because it was too much running around and too much work to sell your stuff, something I didn't want to do anyway as there is simply much pleasure in just taking a great picture...

... and yours are very good. I do love your stuffed animals! I used to have a huge bunch as a kid and now my kids do too...

And as for you, what a pretty and sweet girl! Hope you are enjoying your holidays with your family, Happy New Year and L'shana Tova!

2:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Tali,

My favortie stuffed animals name is Brownie too, but he's a dog. I've had him since I was your age and I still have him today. Anyway, take your little brothers actions as a lesson for what is to come... Men never know what they want, and when they get what they think they want, they topple it over and spill stuffed animals all over the place.

Indeed young Julian and his stairs is a metaphor for all men and thier ambitions.


And I agree with the bloggers, your a very smart beautiful girl and only part of that is because you and I come form the same gene pool.

Tell your family i love 'em

your cousin caitlin

12:43 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

beautiful Talimuffin! your conflict with your brother sounds like oh-so-many fights between my two sons over the years! one loved to build things up the other liked to tear things down. guess that's a sibling (or boy) thing, eh?

still... this is a wonderful post and your pictures are fantastic! and i applaud your noble efforts to dramatically and artistically display your teddy bear collection! by the way, when my sons were younger, they both had a ton of stuffed teddys, too! and they LOVED 'em so much my older son named his first puppy... Teddy Bear. and he was an amazing dog who lived with us happily for almost 15 years. (some day when your Parental Unit One brings you out here to meet our other dogs, i'll show you pictures of Teddy. i think you'll agree the name suited him to a "T"!)

congratulations on another excellent post, sweet girl!

10:44 AM EDT  
Blogger Ariel the Thief said...

hi Tali, you have a nice blog here! siblings are to keep us on our toes, I guess. hope the stuffed animals don't mind. :)

8:58 AM EDT  
Blogger Swampwitch said...

Just checking in at MuffinLand to see how you are. Can't wait to see your new post.

7:46 AM EDT  
Blogger Kyahgirl said...

I have four brothers Tali. They are such a trial. You'll get used to it!

4:55 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kyah, are they annoying? How annoying? I understand that brothers can be a pain, but maybe when I'm "12" I'll get used to it. By the way, I'm almost 9.

Talimuffin

8:47 PM EDT  
Blogger Kyahgirl said...

I think you will get used to it when you're about 25 and Julian is grown up and you won't be living in the same house anymore :-)

10:59 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

kyah- i think your right.

talimuffin.

2:45 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home